1) Normally, I wake up at 6:00 in the morning to get to school.
2) For breakfast, I usually have a granola bar, cereal, bagels, etc. Since I’m a 9th grader, I usually don’t play for recess but I stay inside to eat with my friends. For lunch in home, I usually have cultural food that my mom makes for us. For dinner, it is similar to lunch but it is a different type of foods. I also help out with my mom like setting up the table.
3) I live in Hudson and my school is in Albany so I get to school by a van that the school provides.
4) It usually takes 45 minutes but it doesn’t take so long since I have company in there. I also have the ride back home with the van and that also takes 45 minutes.
5) A typical lunch in school, I usually have hot lunch. The school is in the campus at the University of Albany, so they usually have hot lunch like pizza, french fries, etc. Sometimes, I also have salads.
6) The subject that I take are very different from a regular school since the classes are combined with multiple courses. Like EA for an example. EA stands for Environmental Science where we learn Environmental Science and Global, all in one class. Regular schools learn off from teachers and assignments while we here learn fro PBL. PBL stands for Project Based Learning where we learn by doing multiple projects. I’ve done so many projects that I’ve lost count. This goes for every course I have. Other courses I take are Chinese as my foreign language, ELA and Geometry, Integrated Art, and Kinesiology. ELA stands for English Language Arts and it is a class where we talk about poems and here is where I had to make my blog. We also do reading and other project to help out our skills as writers and reader and also bloggers. Geometry is where we do multiple projects and these projects are based on what we learn as our next unit. For example, the last project we had, we had to build a container that can fit multiple candies using the formulas of Surface Area and Volume. I thought it was very unique of a project and delicious too because we were able to use candies. My candy was a KitKat. In Integrated Art, we do most of our art digitally. We painted canvases, made CNC sculptures, and many digital arts. Kinesiology is just another name for gym. We also learn health so those two classes are combined.
7) During Monday’s and Wednesday’s I go and help volunteer in Operation Unite which is also an internship I am doing. This program’s mission is to help out youth like me to experience in adulthood by working so that I can get a sense of self esteem and to also be more involved in my community. I am volunteering now but after 36 hours of working there, I will start getting paid which I am very excited about.
8) While completing assignments and doing project, everything is done by the web. Everyone is provided with a laptop and everything we do is on the computer. We don’t have a computer lab room but everyone has their own computer.
9) Our timetable in one class is also very different. Most people have a 45 minute period but in my school, we have a 2 hour period for ELA, 2 hour period for geometry, 2 hour period for EA, 1 hour period for Kinesiology, 1 hour period for Chinese, and 1 hour period for Integrated Art. We don’t have all the classes in one day.
10) The teachers also do provide us break like going to the bathroom, stretching, etc. I use my breaks by going where my friends want to go.
11) Our school does not provide bells but we have a reminder in our laptops, so when it’s time to go, a reminder will go off from our computers. Once it’s time to leave school, on Monday’s and Wednesday’s, I will be volunteering. The other three days, I would go home, freshen up, do homework, watch TV, etc.
12) Our school does not provide uniforms so we are free to wear whatever we please as long as it is okay with the dress code.
13) Unless it is a holiday, or a snow day, we have school every weekday. If one school district has school, than the school is still open for everyone.
14) What I enjoy most about my school is that everyone is very friendly and I like how we can build a strong relationship than we would in a regular high school. We are all family and that is one thing I really enjoy.
15) If I could improve my school, I would want more people to attend here. We as a whole high school have a total of 120 students with 30 students in one grade. It will gradually increase later says the principle but that is one thing I wish I could change.