Week 9- Doing My Best

The Answer Is In The Sky People!

The whole world is facing the same problem and we have to do something about it before it’s too late. Stop using fossil fuels like coal and start using renewable energies like solar power. Coal is a nonrenewable energy resource grown from the ground. It is hard to get yet it is primarily used as an energy resource that helps heat up or power up productions and other purposes. Solar power is a renewable energy resource from the sun. It is easy accessible and it doesn’t hurt the environment.

Many people use coal or any other nonrenewable energies instead of renewable energies like the sun. My question is why? Why not go for the better and environmental friendly and why go for the worst and environmental crisis. Is it because of the high cost? Conditions in your own environment? Well, take my advice and use the renewable energy source and here are some reasons why. For the high cost of solar panels, some come up to at least $300.00 when coal can come up to $3.90 everyday. That’s up to $1423.50 a year. Now that’s a lot when you can just simply buy an solar panel for up to $3.000.00 and get your energy you need in a newer and greener way. Now, for conditions in your own environment, in order to own a solar panel with no hassle, it is best to live in an area where you get a lot of sun like living in Florida. You should also live in a wide spread area so that your solar panel can be laid on your roof with no problem.

As you can see, these reasons show that it is best to have your energy run on solar panels and not on something like coal. It’s best for the environment and for you.

One thought on “Week 9- Doing My Best

1. G’day Jannat,

I so totally agree with what you are saying. I have solar panels on the roof of my house as well as solar hot water. I have had it on for a bit over a year now and one power bill I actually made money by selling my excess power back into the power grid.

Here in Australia we have a lot of controversy regarding new coal mines which then need a port from which to ship their coal. They want to develop that port on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef. The dredging of the shipping lanes will cause irreparable damage to the reef.